The Breast Clinic at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre offers treatment for benign as well as malignant disorders of the breast. Multidisciplinary & evidence based approach to the management of Breast cancer is followed & Personalised cancer treatment is given to the patients.
Set to function as a major referral centre, nationally and internationally for Breast cancer, the Hospital provides comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for breast cancer patients. Our dedicated set of medical, surgical and radiation oncologists and medical professionals offer a wide range of services like early detection with screening, surgical procedures, rehabilitation, counselling as well as prevention.
Technology & Infrastructure
Thorough planning has gone for creating world class infrastructure and procuring cutting edge technology for our department.
Our high-class modular operation theatres enable us to conduct the most advanced and complicated surgical procedures. Our surgical team is assisted by sophisticated diagnostic services and well equipped Intensive Care units (ICUs) manned with qualified senior consultants to ensure better outcomes. The diagnostic department at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre has advanced equipment for Digital Mammogram, Ultrasound, MRI, PET etc. The hospital also has an advanced radiation Therapy unit with Rapid arc Technology and we deliver the radiation with minimal side effects & in a shorter period of time.
The Centre for Rehabilitation Medicine at the hospital is equipped with latest physiotherapy equipment to deal with the arm oedema complications, which may occur post operatively
Benign breast diseases Management
- Intraductal papilloma
- Nipple discharge
- Nipple ulceration
- Breast pain
- Breast abscess
- Breast Augmentation
- Mastopexy i.e. breast lift surgery
Surgery for Breast cancer
- Phylloides surgery
- Mastectomy including skin sparing & nipple sparing mastectomy, drain less mastectomy, IMF incision mastectomy and Goldilocks mastectomy.
- Sentinel node Biopsy with dual dye.
- Axillary node Clearance
- Breast conservation surgery with intraoperative Wire localisations.
- Oncoplasty techniques including Benelli, batwing, Grissoti techniques.
- Therapeutic and reduction mammoplasty
- Muscle sparing chest wall flaps like LICAP, AICAP, LTAP & T-DAP for partial as well as whole breast reconstruction which are the latest addition to the advances oncoplastic techniques.
- The conventional LD Flaps & TRAM flaps.
- The free flap reconstruction of whole breast using the DIEP / SIEP/ gluteal flaps.
- Implant based reconstructions prepectoral as well as subpectoral with or without expanders, ADM or dermal slings.
- Nipple reconstructions and areola pigmentation
- 3weeks radiation protocols including the simultaneous integrated boost to whole breast as well as partial breast or the chest wall.
- Axillary radiotherapy
- Conventional as well as the targeted therapy with port insertions
- Hormonal therapy
- Genetic analysis for familial cancers
- Genetic counselling
- Risk reduction surgeries for both breast as well as ovarian cancers
- Breast care nurses to guide the patients and support
- Palliative care for advanced and metastatic settings including home care
- Diagnostic digital Mammography
- Screening digital mammography
- Mobile units for screening mammography
- Ultrasonography of the Breast with Biopsy & Marker insertions
- Stereotactic & ultrasound guided wire localisation of early lesions to aid the excision
- MRI breast
- Core Biopsy & FNAC
- Frozen section analysis
- Histopathology with Immunohistochemistry and Synoptic reports
- Physiotherapist well versed with manual massage techniques for lymphedema
- Lymphapress machine for lympedema
Partners in care
Dr. Vijay V. Haribhakti
MBBS, MS (General Surgery)
Dr. Reshma J. Palep
MBBS, M. S. (General Surgery), D.N.B., M.R.C.S. (Edinburgh)
Dr. Nikhilesh Borkar
MBBS, M.S.-General Surgery, DNB-General Surgery, M.Ch.-Surgical Oncology, DNB-Surgical Oncology, MRCS (England), MNAMS-Surgical Oncology, FAIS, FEBS- Surgical Oncology, FEBS-Breast Surgery, FACS, FICS, FMAS, FIAGES