The Nuclear Medicine department at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre offers a wide range of services including diagnostic imaging and radionuclide therapy options. Equipped with state-of-the-art technology, this department provides facilities that are at par with international standards. Advances in the field of medicine have made it possible for doctors to study not only the structural details of organs in health and disease but also their functions. The PET/CT and Gamma Camera Imaging (Planar, SPECT and SPECT/CT) services transform ‘Medical Care’ to ‘Personalized Medical Care’ by providing precise understanding of the molecular processes like metabolism, receptor expression, and other changes happening at a cellular level varying from patient to patient significantly improving their diagnosis and treatment outcomes.
Technology & Infrastructure
The Nuclear Medicine Department at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre is ergonomically designed and is driven by a patient-friendly workflow.
Best-in-class infrastructure supported with high-end equipment are the mainstay of this unique state-of-the-art Molecular Imaging facility at the Hospital providing international standard services focused on improving patient comfort and experience.
State-of-the-art Imaging Systems:
- Siemens Biograph mCT Flow PET-CT
- Siemens T16 Symbia SPECT-CT Gamma Camera Imaging system.
Planar Imaging (Dynamic & Static), SPECT and SPECT-CT using Gamma camera
- Brain scan including Cerebral perfusion study
- Thyroid Gland Scintigraphy and Thyroid Uptake study
- Parathyroid Gland Scintigraphy
- Salivary Gland Scintigraphy
- Myocardial Perfusion Scintigraphy
- MUGA scan
- Lung Ventilation – Perfusion Study
- Gastric Emptying Study
- Gastrointestinal Bleed Study
- Liver Scan
- Hepato-biliary Scintigraphy
- Renogram studies using Diuretic and ACE Inhibitor interventions
- GFR evaluation
- Renal scans
- Testicular scan
- Bone scan
- 131I mIBG scans for Neuroendocrine tumours
- Dopamine Transporter Imaging 99mTc TRODAT
- Peptide Receptor Scintigraphy using 99m Tc – Hynictoc.
- Whole body FDG PET-CT scan for Oncology patients
- Myocardial FDG PET scan for viability assessment in patients with Cardiac disorders
- Brain FDG PET scan.
- 18F-PSMA Whole Body PET-CT for Prostate cancer
- 18F-DOPA Whole Body PET-CT for neuro-endocrine tumors
- 18F-DOPA Brain PET-CT for Parkinson’s disease
- Radioiodine Therapy for Hyperthyroidism
- Radio labelled therapy for painful bone metastases.
- Gallium-Dotatate PET/CT (for neuroendocrine cancers)
- Radionuclide Therapy Unit (including high dose radioiodine therapy for thyroid cancers, 177Lutetium therapy for neuroendocrine tumours, and prostate cancers.)
Partners in care
Dr. Purushottam Kand
MBBS (Mum), DRM (Mum), DNB (Nucl. Med.), MNAMS, Diplomate CBNC (USA)
Dr. Ujwal Bhure
Additional Director and Head
Nuclear Medicine & PET/CT
MBBS, MD, DNB