The Neuro Spine Surgery department at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre specialises in surgical treatment of the entire spectrum of spine disorders, providing services from diagnosis through surgery and rehabilitation.
Our Neuro Spine speciality comprises of renowned neurosurgeon and neurologist working closely with allied specialists and rehabilitation experts. In addition, a multidisciplinary approach ensures access to the most up-to-date approaches to spine care - at par with international standards.
Technology & Infrastructure
The Neuro Spine Surgery department at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre is equipped with state-of-the-art, fully integrated operating rooms (OR) including Hybrid OR for Interventional Spine Surgery. In addition to this, we also have a specialized ICU for spine surgery, 24/7 emergency services as well as facilities for Day Care Spine Surgery. Furthermore, our Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Centre provides conservative and post-operative management of spinal disorder.
Cutting-edge equipment in place:
- Carl Zeiss Pentero Microscope and Karl Storz Spine Endoscope for Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery
- Intraoperative neuromonitors for safe surgery
- Stryker 3i Spinal Navigation system for precision in Spinal Fixation
- Bone Scalpel and CUSA for vertebral and spinal cord tumours.
- Microscopic/ Endoscopic Cervical Discectomy and Fusion
- Microscopic / Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy and Canal Decompression
- Dynamic fixation solution for spinal instability
- Fixation for Craniovertebral and cervical instability
- Spinal Fusion for Spondylolisthesis
- Microscopic surgery for intradural and extradural spinal tumours
- Embolization of Arteriorvenous malformation, Dural fistula and Spinal tumours
- Vertebroplasty, Kyphoplasty and Discography
- Baclofen pump for spasticity
- Neurostimulator implantation for incontinence and pain
- Management of Spina Bifida and Tethered cord
- Chiari malformation and myelomeningocele
- Spinal Trauma management
- Management of Koch’s Spine (TB Spine) and other infective spine diseases
- Non-operative management and rehabilitation
- Pre-operative diagnostic and Intraoperative evoked potential monitoring
- Electromyogram (EMG), Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV).
Partners in care
Dr. Vivek Agrawal
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), M.Ch. (Neurosurgery)