Neonatal & Paediatric Occupational Therapy and Neuro-Rehab
Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital has a department for Paediatric and Neonatal Occupational Therapist and Neuro-rehab which has a qualified medical professional to deal with all such needs of the infants and children. This is part of the hospital’s philosophy of providing holistic and total paediatric care.
Role of the Neonatal and Paediatric Occupational Therapist and Neuro-rehabilitation.
- Implementing and designing a developmentally supportive and family centered program for all babies admitted in the NICU.
- Working with families to implement family participatory care.
- Evaluating the need for postural support, bedding assessments, pain and comfort assessments, General movement assessment, tone and postural integrity in all babies admitted in the NICU.
- Collaborating with the other team members for follow up all high- risk infants.
- High risk infant follow up evaluations and screening.
- Designing and implementation of therapy plans for infants with developmental concerns.
- Working collaboratively with parents of high risk neonates to facilitate infant and parents’ occupational roles.
- Supporting the parent infant relationship and ensuring a successful transition from hospital to home and community.
- Contributing to the provision and promotion of developmental supportive care of high risk infants.
- Ongoing intervention and guidance to provide continued opportunities to support the development of infant occupations around self-care, learning and play following discharge from the neonatal unit and as they grow older.
- Educating Parents on strategies to support and engage their infant with appropriate sensory and motor experiences and as such providing building blocks for developmental progression parent- infant interaction
Partners in care
Dr. Mahek Uttamchandani (OT)