Dr. Hemant Mehta is the Head of the Department of Anaesthesia and Pain Management at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre.
Dr. Mehta holds the world record for anaesthetising a 300 kilogram patient at Breach Candy hospital – this patient was managed under Epidural Anaesthesia by joining two Operation tables. The patient had been declared unfit at Dubai, Bangkok and London.
Dr. Mehta has been
- Faculty member and speaker for a conference on ‘Endoscopy – Scope and future’ and for All India Conference on ‘Minimal Access Surgery – Status in India’ by Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons (IAGES) 2002
- Faculty member for Regional Conference on Anaesthesiology, Critical Care And Pain Management, 2003
- Faculty member for symposium on pain management, 2004
- Faculty and panel discussion member on Anaesthetic Implications In Laparoscopic & Thoracoscopic Surgeries at B.Y.L. Nair Hospital
- Faculty member and speaker for symposium on ‘Diabetes and Pregnancy’ at Wadia Hospital
- Faculty member and speaker for symposium on ‘Anaesthesia for laparoscopy’ at K. E. M. Hospital.
His vast experience as a freelance anaesthesiologist includes:
- Managing large numbers of coronary bypass and open heart surgeries
- Large numbers of kidney transplant operations under epidural anaesthesia
- More than 15000 cases of painless delivery
- Many high risk cases and complex nerve blocks for management of chronic pain.