The Pulmonary Medicine Department at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre provides comprehensive and individualised service for the diagnosis and management of all aspects of pulmonary and sleep-related disorders.
The department sets the bar high when it comes to delivering world-class services to all inpatients and outpatients, for lung disorders ranging from asthma and COPD to lung cancer and tuberculosis, with the help of cutting-edge invasive and non-invasive modalities.
Backed by the experience and expertise of a dynamic group of professionals including clinicians, nursing staff, pulmonary and bronchoscopy technicians as well as physiotherapists, the department provides patients with the best of medical services in a holistic manner.
By providing evidence based treatment and innovative solutions to advance clinical practice the department is set to become a leading centre, at a global level, for the treatment of lung disease and sleep disorders. The department wishes to encourage and educate future clinicians so as to enhance the levels of care available in the speciality.
Technology & Infrastructure
Armed with a state-of-the-art Pulmonary Function Laboratory, a high-tech Sleep Laboratory and a Bronchoscopy suite, the Pulmonary Medicine Department at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre offers quality diagnostic and therapeutic services surpassing some of the best in the industry.
Spacious well-equipped inpatient wards and outpatient department ensure the utmost comfort as we deliver comprehensive care to all age-groups of patients for a wide spectrum of respiratory ailments.
Medical Equipment and Technology at the department:
- Flexible Video Bronchoscopy
- Endobronchial Ultrasound-guided Bronchoscopy
- Medical Thoracoscopy
- Jaeger MasterScreen Pulmonary Function Laboratory
- Latest Philips Respironics Alice 6 Sleep Laboratory
- OmniLab Advanced + for CPAP Titration.
- Specialist Outpatient Clinics to provide community access to pulmonary and thoracic services for all lung disorders
- A Domiciliary Oxygen Clinic to provide and manage supplemental oxygen requirements in the home setting
- Specialist Non-Invasive Ventilation Clinic to assess patient suitability and monitor domiciliary home ventilator support
- Assessment of pulmonary functions, including lung volumes, flow rates, airway resistance, bronchoprovocation testing, bronchodilator therapy and diffusing capacity. Additional tests available include the six-minute walk test, exercise oximetry, cardiopulmonary exercise testing and inspiratory and expiratory pressures (for patients with neuromuscular disorders)
- A structured Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program in association with Physiotherapy Department
- Bronchoscopy Service to perform endoscopic investigations for a range of pulmonary diseases, including lung cancer, as well as Endobronchial Ultrasound-guided Bronchoscopy to help in diagnosis of mediastinal lymph node disease and staging of lung cancer
- Medical Thoracoscopy service to enable diagnosis of pleural diseases like tuberculosis, lung and pleural cancers.
- Sleep Clinic for patients with sleep disorders and to provide long-term support for patients using CPAP
- Diagnostic services for a variety of sleep related disorders including sleep apnoea, insomnia, parasomnias and many more
- State-of-the-art titration system which enables efficient performance of titration studies.
Partners in care
Dr. Rajesh R. Sharma
MBBS, MD (Chest and Tuberculosis), D.N.B (Respiratory Medicine)
Dr. Kartik B. Shah
MBBS, MD (Chest)
Dr. Pratibha Singhal
MBBS, MD (Tuberculosis and Chest Disease), DNB (Respiratory Diseases), DETRD (Diploma in Environmental, Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases)
Dr. Nimish M. Shah
MBBS, MRCP (UK), MRCP (Respiratory) CCT (LONDON), PG Cert in Clinical Education (Kings College, London)
Dr. Richa Mittal
- DM (Pulmonary, Critical care and Sleep Medicine) - Gold Medal
- MD, DNB (Pulmonary Medicine)
- EDRM (London
Dr. Pujan Parikh
MBBS, MD (Pulmonary Medicine)